People aren’t exaggerating when they say participating in Thankful Thursdays can turn your life around for the better.
Not only does it have the power to improve your sense of self-worth and ability to appreciate the world around you, but practitioners also enjoy several scientific benefits.
As such, let’s look at ways to establish or enhance your weekly gratitude routine.
Then we’ll close with a list of Thankful Thursday inspirational quotes.
What Is Thankful Thursday and How Is It Beneficial?
Before we jump into the “hows,” let’s look at the “whys.”
Thankful Thursdays have become a popular thing on social media.
When the fourth day of the work week rolls around, folks take time to shout out things for which they’re grateful.
The concept is linked to American Thanksgiving, celebrated annually on the fourth Thursday in November.
But instead of setting aside only one day a year to give thanks, people made the practice a weekly event known as “Thankful Thursdays.”
Why is celebrating Thankful Thursdays a good idea? In short, it’ll give you a leg up. According to peer-reviewed, double-blind studies (not wackadoodle white papers), having a grateful mindset can:
Give you more energy
Positively impact your physical health
Lower stress, anxiety, and depression
Make you more resilient and better able to navigate adversity
Balance your emotions
Make you a more successful person academically and career-wise
68 Thankful Thursday Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful
Is it obnoxious and annoying when people insist you should always be grateful, no matter how terrible the situation is? Absolutely.
It’s also unhealthy. Airing — (not wallowing in) — emotions that fall on the negative side of the scale is just as vital as trying to maintain an upbeat outlook.
That said, gratitude positively affects mental health and is an effective tool for boosting your mood and maintaining an even-keel sense of contentment.
So if you could stand to sprinkle a pinch of healing thankfulness onto your life, check out these affirming quotes.
1. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brené Brown
2. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
3. “Thursday is one day closer to my expectation that everything I have done through the week culminates in progress.” – Byron Pulsifer
4. “Thursday morning and the sun is early, Thursday morning and the trees are singing.” – Giles & Fripp
5. “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
6. “Happy Thursday! Greet your problems and decisions with peace and calm.” – Tracey Edmonds
7. “The more you are in a state of gratitude, the more you will attract things to be grateful for.” – Walt Disney
8. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
9. “Start your Thursday with an attitude of optimism. It’s going to be a good day!” – Kate Summers
10. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
11. “Whatever life throws at me I’ll take it and be grateful for it as well.” – Tom Felton
12. “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” – Albert Barnes
13. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
15. “This is a wonderful day; I have never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
16. “Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
17. “Be in a state of gratitude for everything that shows up in your life. Be thankful for the storms as well as the smooth sailing. What is the lesson or gift in what you are experiencing right now? Find your joy not in what’s missing in your life but in how you can serve.” – Wayne Dyer
18. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” – Sean Patrick Flanery
19. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
20. “Life is made out of Thursday afternoons. You just keep having them one after the other and let everything else take care of itself.” – Tim Tharp
21. “I feel a very unusual sensation – if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude.” – Benjamin Disraeli
22. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
23. “Before I get out of bed, I am saying thank you. I know how important it is to be thankful.” – Al Jarreau
24. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Anthony Robbins
25. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
26. “Thursday is full of tenderness and kindness. So have a good day, and share it with those around you.” – Anthony T. Hincks
27. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
28. “Display, a life full of gratitude, and remember to give thanks each day.” – Danielle Duckery
29. “Living in a state of gratitude is the gateway to grace.” – Arianna Huffington
30. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” – Robert Holden
31. “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” – Deepak Chopra
32. “I turned my attention to gratitude and discovered that the more I cultivated a sense of appreciation for all that I had, the happier and less fearful I was.” – M. J. Ryan
More Related Articles
57 Bob Marley Quotes To Spread Love And Peace
109 Of The Best Appreciation Messages To Show Your Gratitude
Sweep Her Off Her Feet With These 75 Romantic Love Messages For Her
33. “Count your blessings’ is such a common expression that it has become a catchphrase. Yet it contains powerful truth and meaning: Be grateful for what you have – and for what you don’t have.” – Robert W. Bly
34. “The practice of gratitude empowers, heals, inspires, and fosters heartfelt well-being.” – Angeles Arrien
35. “It takes a lot of courage to have an attitude of gratitude during the dark times. But once you have it, it empowers you.” – Joshua Tongol
36. “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” – Neal A. Maxwell
37. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
38. “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” – Will Arnett
39. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
40. “Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us.” – Lauryn Hill
41. “When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.” – Tecumseh
42. “No duty is more urgent than giving thanks.” – James Allen
43. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
44. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
45. “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” – Douglas Wood
46. “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” – Jefferson Bethke
47. “A spirit of thankfulness makes all the difference.” – Billy Graham
48. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
49. “Let this Thursday be filled with possibilities – be aware of the opportunities around you, don’t just go through the day, live the day with your eyes and your mind open.” – Catherine Pulsifer
50. “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” – Henry Van Dyke
51. “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” – Alice Walker
52. “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” – Joyce Giraud
53. “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” – William Blake
54. “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
55. “Let me encourage you to get up every day and focus on what you do have in life. Be thankful for the blessings of the little things, even when you don’t get what you expect.” – Victoria Osteen
56. “If the only prayer you said in your life was ‘Thank you,’ that would suffice.” – Meister Eckhart
57. “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” – Bil Keane
58. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
59. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
60. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
61. “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
62. “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – Nigel Hamilton
63. “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” – Theodore Roosevelt
64. “He who thanks but with the lips thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving comes from the heart.” – J.A. Shedd
65. “The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.” – Steven Goodier
66. “Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.” – Amy Grant
67. “I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.” – Henry David Thoreau
68. It’s Thursday and it really feels like a Thursday. Sometimes things just work out. – Demetri Martin
Ideas for Using These Motivational Thankful Thursday Quotes
How can you leverage these positive Thankful Thursday quotes to support your personal-development efforts? Let’s look at a handful of ideas.
Quote Graphics: Make graphics of your favorite gratitude quotes and share them on social media. Making them will help you internalize their messages, and sharing may inspire your followers.
Post-It Notes: Write down your favorite quotes on post-it notes and place them around your house as reminders. It may sound silly, but it works!
Journaling Prompts: Gratitude journaling is one of the most popular forms of diary keeping. Using quotes as prompts can enhance the experience.
Art Inspiration: Are you creative? Consider making a piece of art inspired by one of the quotes.
Custom Merch: These days, making custom merch is a matter of a few clicks. So why not treat yourself to a few tailored t-shirts with your favorite sayings — or maybe a mug?
Sometimes we forget to stop and give thanks for all the wonderful things life has handed us, but doing so positively impacts our mental health, which, in turn, supports better physical health.
So, if you want to leverage the practical magic of thankfulness, set some time aside on Thursdays.
Oh, and thanks for reading! We’re grateful for you!